Build on Greatness and Rise to Challenges
CSU is a land-grant, student-centric, research-focused, engaged university committed to providing access and developing diverse leaders for Colorado and the world through excellence in interdisciplinary, experiential, and global learning and research.
CSU will be a premier university to study, research, and engage on global and local issues, sustainability, and sustainable development, focused on water, soil, food, air, climate, and energy, in a holistic approach that integrates environmental, economic, and societal sustainability with a focus on inclusion, justice and well-being.
CSU’s draft framework lies at the heart of our strategic transformation. This framework intentionally builds on the successes of the past and responds to new challenges. It is intentionally aspirational and serves to call the university community to action.
The Courageous Strategic Transformation can happen only when we work collaboratively as Faculty, Staff, Students, and as a Community.
- SWOT analysis
- Market data
- Climate and culture studies
Build the Plan
- Draft framework
- Determine key performance indicators
- Determine deadlines
- Ensure accountability for execution
- Cascade goals to departments, units and individuals
- Determine mission/aspirations
- Identify values and core beliefs
- Focus on distinction and competitive advantages
- Set organizational goals
Execute the Plan
- Align budget and operations
- Communicate effectively and transparently
- Set calendar and timeline
- Provide annual and quarterly updates
- Revise as needed
Visual representation of CSU strategic planning efforts